The Kiddy Guardianfix Pro2 is based on the successful Guardian Pro car seat but can now be connected to the standard Isofix fastening system in the car. The seat grows with the child, and features the original Kiddy impact sheild. It also features the Kiddy shock absorber which absorbs the braking energy acting on the 3-point seat belt.
The Original Kiddy Impact Shield allows for 'rolling over' of the upper part of the body in case of a car accident or severe braking. Thus the very delicate cervical area in children is strained less than with conventional seatbelt systems.
From age group 2 upwards, children are secured in the child safety seat with the 3-point seat belt. This system, however, has been designed for adults. The unique safety component, the Kiddy Shock Absorber (KSA), absorbs the braking energy acting on the 3-point seat belt and thus protects your child from high impacts. In the tests of the Stiftung Warentest the second generation of the KSA (Kiddy shock absorber) performed 41% better in frontal impact than its predecessor, the Kiddy Guardian Pro.
Due to the new design of the side protection components Kiddy's high-performance material, Honey Comb V2, is even more effective. Based on the side impact tests of the Stiftung Warentest, an improvement in performance of about 27% can be observed when compared with the previous Kiddy Guardian Pro. Head and shoulders are so well protected and there is little restriction of the child’s view to the side of the seat.
Thanks to the new high-tech material, this is a seat with even better side impact protection. The head and shoulder area in children is especially vulnerable, since the head is still relatively heavy compared to the rest of the body. By using the high-performance material Honey Comb V2 with EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) in the head and shoulder area, this sensitive zone is particularly well protected.
The Kiddy Guardianfix Pro 2 Car Seat adapts to your child's body dimensions in height as well as in width. In this way the tight-fitting side elements offer an even better protection. With the Kiddy K-fix Connectors your child safety seat can be connected to the standardised fastening system Isofix particularly easily. The system is available in many vehicles and establishes a stiff connection between the car body and the child safety seat.
This seat will make your life easier in a number of ways. The unique adjustment mechanism expands the seat both in height and width simultaneously, by a simple one-handed squeeze of the handle on the back of the seat. The three-stage leg extension is characterised by its long useful life, because it grows with your child. It ensures that your little one sits safely and comfortably with the back and legs well supported no matter how tall they are.
The Thermotex fabric also makes the seat even more breathable. Nothing is more unpleasant than sitting in a car in sticky, sweaty clothes on a hot summer day. To counteract this, the Thermotex fabric has been introduced to specific areas of the seat. This material increases air circulation ensuring a comfortable seating environment, making even long car trips enjoyable. On top of this, the foldable and removable insert cushion is both supportive and comfortable.
- Under no circumstances should a car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance to make them most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend fitting the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn`t be left in Group 0/0+ car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
Car seats are categorised into the following groups and it is imperative that a category is chosen so the child`s weight falls within the range indicated:
Car Seat groups:
|Group||Child's weight||approx. age of child|
||birth up to 10kg/22lb
||birth up to 6-9 months
||birth up to 13kg/29lb
||birth up to 12-15 months
|0+ & 1
||birth up to 18kg/40lb
||birth to up to about 4 years
||about 9 months to 4 years
|1 & 2
||about 9 months to 6 years
||about 4 to 6 years
|1, 2, 3
||about 9 months to 12 years
|2 & 3
||about 4-12 years
Note: some car seats will be approved in two or more groups.
- Care instructions
- Covers are machine washable at 30°C
- Minimum: H68 x W46 x D40cm, Maximum: H81 x W60 x D52cm
- Facing position
- 1, 2 and 3
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 24 months
- Suitable From
- 9 months
- 8.5kg (unpacked)
- Weight or height of child
- 9-36kg or 20-79lb